A Writer’s Basic Toolbox
Why no new content?
Well, I did a survey a few weeks ago, and of the 100 amazing people who responded, I’d say ~90% asked for content I’ve already delved into quite thoroughly. I realized that people don’t even know all the topics I’ve covered before, and so rather than reinvent the wheel, I’ll simply organize it all so you can find it more easily!
In addition to the organized posts, I have a forum open where you can ask ANYTHING about said topic, and I’ll answer it as best I can. 🙂
- Simple Tricks to Unstick Your Plot: the Domino Effect
- Simple Tricks to Unstick Your Plot: Where is Everyone?
- Building Plot from Character
- The Point When Everything Changes
- Understanding Reader Expectations
- Taking Tips from the Movies & TV
- Goal, Motivation, and Conflict
- Creating Memorable Characters: Protagonists
- Creating Memorable Characters: Antagonists
- How to Craft Characters: From Opening Lines Springs Voice
- How to Craft Characters: Desperate Needs
- How to Craft Characters: Deepening with Backstory
Point of View
- Which Point of View is Right for You?
- Filter Words and Distancing Point of View
- Troubleshooting Deep Point of View and Voice
- Changing POV from 3rd to 1st
- Dragging Characters through the Wringer
Setting & World-Building
character, characterization, NaNoWriMo, NaNoWriMo Bootcamp, plot, point of view, POV, scary scene, scenes, setting, world-building, Writers, writing resources