Witchlands Costume Contest Fine Print
[et_pb_section admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”on” specialty=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_header admin_label=”Fullwidth Header” title=”The Fine Print” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” header_fullscreen=”off” header_scroll_down=”off” background_url=”http://susandennard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/WitchlandsHeder.jpg” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” content_orientation=”center” image_orientation=”center” custom_button_one=”off” button_one_letter_spacing=”0″ button_one_use_icon=”default” button_one_icon_placement=”right” button_one_on_hover=”on” button_one_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ custom_button_two=”off” button_two_letter_spacing=”0″ button_two_use_icon=”default” button_two_icon_placement=”right” button_two_on_hover=”on” button_two_letter_spacing_hover=”0″]
[/et_pb_fullwidth_header][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Witchlands Fan Art Contest Promotion Official Rules
1) The Witchlands Fan Art Contest (“Promotion”) enables readers and fans of author Susan Dennard’s Witchlands book series (including, currently, its novels Truthwitch, Windwitch, the forthcoming Bloodwitch, and 2 additional untitled future novels) (“Series”) to submit a piece of artwork containing a pictorial interpretation of a character originally described in prose from the Series.
2) To participate and by participating in the Promotion, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and the binding decisions of the judges. You understand and agree that submitting an entry to this Promotion constitutes understanding of and agreement to these Official Rules.
3) No purchase, payment, or donation is necessary for entry to this Promotion or to win, and a purchase, payment, or donation does not affect chances of winning Promotion. Promotion void where restricted or prohibited.
4) This Promotion is sponsored by Susan Dennard, c/o New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc., 110 W. 40th Street, Suite 2201, New York, NY 10018 (“Sponsor”).
5) Promotion open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The Promotion begins at 12:00 PM Central Time on February 24, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM Central Time on June 16, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Employees, contractors or agents of Macmillan Publishers, New Leaf Literary & Media, Susan Dennard, and subsidiaries and affiliates, and immediate family members of the foregoing are ineligible to participate.
6) A qualified entrant (“Participant”) should enter the Promotion as follows:
A Participant must submit an artwork containing a pictorial representation of one (1) character of such Participant’s choosing as based on and originally appearing and described in prose in the Series (“Entry”). Any of the following media or techniques are permitted to create an Entry: (1) drawing (pencil, pen, marker, colored pencil or pen, crayon) or photograph of same; (2) painting (watercolor, poster, tempera, acrylic, pastel) or photograph of same; or (3) digital illustration.
Participant must upload a copy of his or her Entry at the following website link at any time during and prior to the end of the Promotion Period: http://susandennard.com/witchlands-costume- contest/. Acceptable file formats for uploading are JPEG. Participant will also then submit an entry form at http://susandennard.com/witchlands-costume-contest/ that indicates agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The individual uploading or submitting the Entry is deemed the entrant, and if more than one individual elects to collaborate as a group on an Entry then the same are required to designate one person as the Participant who will be deemed agent of the group for purposes of entering and participating in this Promotion, accepting and agreeing to the Official Rules, and acceptance of a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for collaborator disputes.
One Entry total per Participant allowed. Any Entry not in accordance with the any instructions herein, or made before or after the Promotion Period, will not be considered.
7) There will be one (1) grand prize winner (“Winner”) and five (5) runners-up (each a “Runner-Up”) of the Promotion, each as chosen by a committee of judges selected by the Sponsor. The committee of judges is assembled based upon knowhow and experience specifically with Sponsor’s body of work and generally with literature and the arts. Judges will use the following criteria in reviewing and evaluating each Entry: (1) interpretation of the character (40%); (2) creativity (40%); (3) and technical skill (20%). In the event of a tie, the judges will evaluate and select that Entry that most satisfies the criteria of creativity.
8) Winner to receive following prize: (1) a tangible character costume based upon the character design as contained in the Winner’s Entry, and (2) 1 book copy each (signed by Sponsor) of the domestic Truthwitch, Windwitch, Bloodwitch (galley form), and repackaged Something Strange & Deadly trilogy.
9) Each Runner-Up to receive following prize:1 book copy each (signed by Sponsor) of the domestic Truthwitch, Windwitch, Bloodwitch (galley form), and repackaged Something Strange & Deadly trilogy.
10) Odds of winning vary depending on number of total qualified entrants and eligible entries received. Approximate retail value of Winner’s prize is approximately $450.00. Approximate retail value of each Runner-Up prize is approximately $50.00. Prizes are nontransferable and no prize substitutions are permitted except by Sponsor. Prizes void where restricted or prohibited.
11) Winner and Runner-Up will be notified via email within 60 days of end of the Promotion Period. Prizes will be awarded by first class mail within 90 days of receipt of such notification, dispatched to and at the respective mailing address provided by Winner or Runner-Up, as applicable.
12) In order to claim and receive respective prizes, Winner and Runner-Up will each be required to sign a statement of eligibility and release, as well as provide proper and acceptable legal identification. If a Winner or Runner-Up fails to properly claim a prize by compliance with the foregoing within 30 days, Winner or Runner-Up may forfeit the applicable prize. Winner and Runner-Up are each solely responsible for taxes and fees, if any, associated with respective prizes. Claim and acceptance of a prize by Winner and/or Runner-Up authorizes use of his or her name, likeness, photograph, and municipality of residence for advertising and/or promotional purposes for any purpose in any medium.
13) Participant acknowledges that participation in the Promotion, perforce, requires use, reliance upon, and/or adaptation from preexisting material (including without limit literary descriptions and representations of the characters upon which an Entry is based) (“Preexisting Material”) owned by Sponsor or others, for the sole, specific, and limited purpose of participating in this Promotion. By entry and participation in this Promotion, Participant waives and disclaims any claim, demand, or rights in or to such Preexisting Material. An Entry replicating an existing pictorial representation of a character from the Series (including without limit Macmillan Publishers or another publisher’s book cover or jacket) will not be considered.
14) By participating in this Promotion and submitting an Entry, each Participant (including Winner and Runner-Up) agrees Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates, assigns, licensees, designees, and representatives will unconditionally, exclusively, and irrevocably, own the Entry including all rights therein, to use, exploit, publish, copy, modify, adapt, combine, change, dispose or sublicense in any form and in all languages and in any media or medium. Accordingly, by participating in this Promotion and submitting an Entry, Participant grants and transfers to Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates, assigns, licensees, designees, and representatives the unconditional, exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, and royalty-free right and ability to use, exploit, publish, display, transmit, copy, derive from, modify, adapt, combine, change, dispose or sublicense the Entry in all languages in any form for any purpose in any and all media now known or hereafter created, without additional compensation or notice to, or permission required from, the Participant. Participant waives any moral rights in his or her Entry and, for the avoidance of doubt, acknowledges Sponsor’s may edit, resize, affix third party material to, or otherwise alter, an Entry, without any claim by a participant of defamation, mutilation, or unauthorized change. Participant agrees that an Entry shall be used solely to partake in this Promotion and an Entry will not be used or exploited by him or her for any purpose or in any manner at any time other than participation in this Promotion. Participant permits use of his or her name, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, for credit purposes in the publication or promotion of his or her Entry, including on Sponsor’s website or social media or in Sponsor’s newsletter.
15) Each Entry must be the unique work of Participant and must not have been previously published. An Entry must not be profane, offensive, defamatory, lewd, obscene, or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in her sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves right to disqualify and not consider any Entry on such basis.
16) Each Entry must not contain copyrighted works other than Preexisting Material or as owned by a Participant. Participant agrees not to submit any Entry that violates or infringes upon any third party intellectual property, personal, proprietary, or other rights, including without limit copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or confidentiality obligation, or otherwise violates local, state, or federal law. An Entry in violation of this may be disqualified and not considered.
17) By participating in this Promotion, Participants (including Winner and Runner-Up) waive, release, and disclaim any and all claims, losses, demands, and liabilities at law or in equity against Sponsor, New Leaf Literary & Media, Macmillan Publishers, and their respective employees, contractors, and agents, for any injury, loss, damage, or harm that may occur from entry to, conduct of, or participation in Promotion, from use of any prize, or from technical failure. Participants indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, New Leaf Literary & Media, Macmillan Publishers, and respective employees, contractors, and agents against same.
18) Name of Winner and each Runner-Up may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Branding Department, New Leaf Literary, 110 W. 40th Street, 2201, NY, NY 10018. by 12 / 31 / 2017.
19) Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives may modify, suspend, or cancel Promotion due to fraud, security, improper conduct, or other reasons beyond its control, at any time, and to maintain Promotion’s integrity. This Promotion and receipt of prizes are subject to applicable federal and state laws, and this Promotion is governed by laws and forums of the United States of America and New York State.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button admin_label=”Button” button_url=”http://susandennard.com/contest/” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”Return to the Main Contest Page!” button_alignment=”center” background_layout=”light” custom_button=”on” button_text_size=”20″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″]