Steampunk Month Wrap-Up (or should I say Wind-Up?)
And so, my clockwork friends and tinkering colleagues, steampunk month comes to a close. But I must say, it was an enormous success!! Lots of participation, lots of interest, and best of all, lots of fodder for future steampunk KAPOW!
During the month, all sorts of new Steampunk Stuff crossed into my radar–some came from blog comments, some from emails, some from tweets, and some from other online shout outs.
A Giant Thanks to Everyone Who Passed More Steampunk Goodness My Way
- Amazing (though somewhat long) animated steampunk movie.
- This music video to Ben Lovett’s “Eye of the Storm” is downright COOL. And, what makes it even more impressive is the behind-the-scenes video that shows just how all of this steampunk magic was made on a minuscule budget!
- Ash sent Panic! at the Disco’s “The Ballad of Mona Lisa” onto my radar. Très awesome steampunk music video!
I was shocked (and delighted!) to discover an HUGE culture of steampunk music!
- Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
- Cold Magic by Kate Elliot
- The Affinity Bridge by George Mann
- The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch
- Magic under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel by Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris
You tell me: Do you have any more recommendations? Have I missed/forgotten to share something you told me about?
February 28, 2011 @ 1:15 pm
It was a lot of fun to follow you this month.
Thanks for the good times.
February 28, 2011 @ 1:21 pm
Thanks for stopping by and participating, Henya! 😀
February 28, 2011 @ 1:31 pm
This was a lot of fun! You should do steampunk month every year. Just sayin’. 🙂
February 28, 2011 @ 1:33 pm
Most definitely!! 😀 Next February shall be the Steampunk Month 2012!
February 28, 2011 @ 2:38 pm
An excellent list of new steampunkeries to explore. Awesome. 🙂 Steampunk month was definitely fun! And I agree with Meredith about doing it again next year. 😉
February 28, 2011 @ 6:20 pm
Oh yeah, Steampunk 2012 will be even BIGGER…somehow. 🙂
March 1, 2011 @ 3:09 pm
Clearly you should create your own automaton. Or flying contraption. OR OR OR you could go to a steampunk convention. O_O Is there one held in February?
February 28, 2011 @ 5:43 pm
You know, I just watched the “Ballad of Mona Lisa” music video on MTV not too long ago… And I loved it! 🙂
February 28, 2011 @ 6:20 pm
Very cool! Yay for steampunk spreading!
February 28, 2011 @ 7:28 pm
ooo, even lots more goodies here. thanks again for this fab event!
February 28, 2011 @ 7:41 pm
You’re absolutely welcome!! 😀
February 28, 2011 @ 9:57 pm
Can’t wait to get started on the books & music! Oh, and Kenneth Oppel is FANTASTIC. Plus he’s Canadian. Plus he wrote about bats! Oh wait, that has nothing to do with steampunk. Sorry. 😛