As promised for NaNoWriMo, I’ll share links to past posts each Monday organizing all my past content so that YOU can more easily find what you’re looking for.
In addition to the organized posts, I have a forum open where you can ask anything about said topic, and I’ll answer it as best I can.
Last week, I covered A Writer’s Basic Toolbox (ask questions here!), and this week, we’re digging into the more advanced tools at a writer’s disposal.
Digging Deeper into Character
- Writing 3D Characters
- Dragging Characters through the Wringer
- Emotional Dominoes
- Reconnecting with your Characters
Digging Deeper into Plot
- Story Threads and Resonance
- Adding New Ideas vs. Knowing When to Streamline
- Crafting an Ending that Sings
Infodump & Backstory
Show vs. Tell
- Do You Actually Need that Romance?
- How to Write Romance, Part 1: Do you actually need this?
- How to Write Romance, Part 2: From Character Springs Love
- How to Write Romance, Part 3: Scene Level Romantic Tension
- Hate-at-First-Sight Love Stories
- An Exercise in Romance
- Of Kissing and Romance
- Different Types of Romance, or My Love Can’t Be Labeled
- Finding Your Voice, Part 1: Voice and Promises
- Finding Your Voice, Part 2: Exercises
- From Opening Line Springs Voice
- Troubleshooting Deep Point of View and Voice