Charity Auction #3: Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
It’s that time again! Time for a charity auction! I’m a bit late (erm, a whole month!) thanks to touring, but hey! Better late than never.
This month, I want to raise money for the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre. Why? Because conservation is one of the most important causes to my heart. It’s probably the greatest passion of my life and what drove me to work in fisheries during my time with marine ecology. It’s why I keep the Seafood Watch List on my phone and nag my friends about choosing responsible fisheries. It’s why I dream of one day uniting career as writer with my love for ecology and the environment.
So in other words: this won’t be the last time you see a conservation charity pop up on my auctions. 😉
Now then, let’s do this! You all know the drill by now: whoever bids the most will win, and I’ll match the donation from my own pocket!
What You Can Win
- A signed copy of ANY of my books. (Truthwitch, Something Strange & Deadly, A Darkness Strange & Lovely, or Strange & Ever After)
- A 25-page critique!
- A 30 minute Skype chat to discuss the critique, publishing, whatever!
Who You’d Be Helping
I first fell in love with the HESC after I discovered their instagram. They share the most incredible, heartwarming (and sometimes heartbreaking) images of the various wild animals they save.
The rhinos are my favorite. Oh, and I love the cheetahs. And okay, and the caracals are kind of amazing. FINE. I love all the endangered critters, and I want to support this incredible center that helps heal and protect them.
The goals of the HESC include:
- The breeding of endangered, vulnerable or rare animal species
- The release and establishment of captive-bred cheetahs to the wild
- The treatment and rehabilitation of orphaned or injured animals which are brought to the Centre
- The education of learners, students and the general public in conservation and conservation activities
- A hands-on Student’s Program to conservation and adventure enthusiasts from around the world.
Learn more about HESC on their website, and remember: nature is our most valuable resource. Once it goes, humanity goes too.
How to Participate
- Leave a comment below with your bid amount.
- You can leave as many bids as you want!
- The final bid must come in on or before 11:59:59 AM EST on April 18. I’ll keep track of time-stamps just to be safe.
- The highest bid will win, and I’ll contact the winner!
- Note: this is international! No boundaries here for prizes or good deeds!
Thanks, everyone — for reading. For spreading the word. For reading my blog post. And here’s to making the world a better place, one donation at a time!