And so, I’m taking a plunge that kinda scares the willies out of me, but that ultimately has to happen.
The internet and I are separating.
It’s not permanent–I swear–but sometimes when two people love each other, they…no wait, that’s a different conversation.
Sometimes, when we want to stay focused and productive, we have to shut out all that external stuff. And the external stuff that takes up most of my daily schedule? Believe it or not:
Blogging and answering comments
Yes, I literally spend hours a day on these things, and those are hours I cannot spare at this precise moment. (When I was last visiting my parents, I forced my mother to act as my assistant so I finish my first round of editorial revisions and deal with my internet life.)
So for now, I am not going to be answer emails, writing blogs, or answering blog comments. I have even set up an automated response for my emails–ha! If business people can do it, so can I!
- For those of you participating in Query Day, don’t worry. I’ll still finish your critiques and get them to you soon.
- For those of you who were so kind and filled out all my polls, I promise, I will write all those articles and answer your questions when I return.
- For those of you who just can’t live without Sooz… Ha! I don’t think there’s anyone like that–well, except perhaps my dog (but he has some Mommy-attachment issues).
I’ll be back in, I guesstimate, ~1.5 weeks.
Until then, here are some fun places to occupy your internet selves:
- Hyperbole and a Half
- Let the Words Flow
- Goodreads (add me as a friend!)
- Something Geeky
- My Life is Average
- Game of Thrones (because if you’re not watching it, you absolutely should be reading it)
- Do It Delicious (um, I’ve made almost every recipe on here)
- Ninjai: The Little Ninja
- Crits for Water
- Book View Cafe
- A Big Creative Yes
So now that I’ve effectively disrupted your productivity with internet surfing, I shall say “See you soon” and sign off.
♥ See you soon. ♥
P.S. When I get back, BE READY. I’ll be announcing something super cool–another pay-it-forward type thing for all of you wonderful readers/writers. This super cool thing involves learning and teaching and fantastical imaginings, and…it’s FREE. Ack! I’m so excited.