So…I had this post prepared for today–a “thank you post” in which I spend A Very Long Time thanking everyone who has shared this journey with me (that includes ALL OF YOU ♥).
But then, I woke up this morning to the most fabulous surprise from my friends. A surprise so huge, so generous, and so thoughtful, it actually makes tomorrow’s launch seem small in comparison.
Plus, the generosity of my friends has REALLY hit home what I said last week–about not stressing over the book release and instead, appreciating and enjoying my relationships.
I was SO SURPRISED when I awoke to find these amazing posts from Sarah and Erin. I mean…O_O How did they coordinate all this with Amie Kaufman, Kat Zhang, Leigh Bardugo, and Marie Lu without SOMEONE giving the whole thing away?
And goodness, look at all the prizes they’re giving away:
- A $30 amazon gift card
- An ARC of MIND GAMES by Kiersten White
- An ARC of CARNIVAL OF SOULS by Melissa Marr
- An ARC of THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater
- A signed paperback copy of DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
- A limited-edition “Aim for the Knees” SOMETHING STRANGE & DEADLY t-shirt
- If you are a writer, then Erin and I will BOTH critique the first 2500 words of your YA manuscript (any genre)!
- If you are a writer, then the absolutely amazing agent, Joanna Volpe, will critique your YA query letter (any genre)!
- AND Extra secret prizes to be revealed upon the announcement of the winner!
Even my agent was in on it?! WHAAA?!
And those prizes are only the beginning. Each day, there are MORE giveaways to enter. Like today, Erin is giving away an ARC of Tahereh Mafi’s Unravel Me and an e-version of Something Strange and Deadly
Guys, I have never felt more humbled in…well, ever. I have never felt so much love either. To know that people would go to all this trouble for me? That they’d put this huge event together and surprise me with it the day before release? Goodness, I’m not sure I deserve it…but WOW, do I feel deeply, deeply grateful.
My heart is seriously BURSTING at the seams today. I’m this giddy ball of humbled joy, and I have no idea what to do with myself.
I feel like Stitch when he finally gets his family. Minus the broken part.
Or perhaps like the Grinch when his heart grows three sizes that day.
Oh dear, and now I’m crying. (Book releases are far too emotional for writers. Our sensitive souls just cannot handle it all!)
And then go hug your best friends or your family…or both. Because they’re what make our writing journey–and our lives–a good one. Don’t forget it. ♥