Islamic Relief USA
This month, I want to raise money for the children displaced by ISIS. Why? Because despite my own country falling to pieces, there is still a massive war going on in the Middle East.
I was recently listening to the BBC World Service, and they were discussing Syria’s “Lost Generation” — an estimated four million Syrian children, who have no means of getting to school because of terrorism.
And it’s not just Syrians, of course, who are affected. Which is why we have to help in any way we can — and it’s why I have chosen Islamic Relief USA for this month’s charity auction.
What You Can Win
- A signed paperback of Truthwitch.
- A signed advanced copy of Windwitch.
- A 25-page critique!
- A 30 minute Skype chat to discuss the critique, publishing, whatever!
Who You’d Be Helping
Islamic Relief USA is a 4-star charity that provides relief and development in a dignified manner regardless of gender, race, or religion, and works to empower individuals in their communities and give them a voice in the world. For nearly two decades, Islamic Relief USA has been working to improve the lives of children around the world. Areas of focus include:
- emergency relief
- orphan support
- health and nutrition
Learn more about Islamic Relief USA on their website, and remember: you CAN make a difference. Even if you can’t participate in this auction, simply spreading the world can effect change.
How to Participate
- Leave a comment below with your bid amount.
- You can leave as many bids as you want!
- The final bid must come in on or before 11:59:59 AM EST on December 5, 2016. I’ll keep track of time-stamps just to be safe.
- The highest bid will win, and I’ll contact the winner!
- Note: this is international! No boundaries here for prizes or good deeds!
Thanks, everyone — for reading. For spreading the word. For reading my blog post. And here’s to making the world a better place, one donation at a time!